Search This Blog

Sunday, November 29, 2009

1987 Honda TRX 250R

Chinese 250 4 stroke, sold after 6 months.

The old 77 Sporty, cause of marital disputes for 6 years.

What I got in trade for the Harley, not a solution to the marital problem, but a step closer.


I forgot to post these pictures from the past. The Honda 250R is long gone now but it needs to be noted in this ATV history. While I was living in CA I purchased an old '77 Sportster from a jerk in LA. The experience was horrible, although I did enjoy the road trip to pick it up. While I was still in CA D came and picked it up (he was going to finish the bike for me). After all these years I decided to free D of the bike (it had been in his garage for like 6 years) so I traded for this awesome 250R.

I only had this historic bike out once to the dunes and couldn't quite figure out the wonderful 2stroke power band so I decided to trade it away (boy was it noisy). The bike I traded for was awesome, but as we were about to move I sold it for $3800 (Honda 450R 2wheeler), which ended up being a nice profit from the original price of the Harley, not that I would do it again.

The white ATV is from our first Chinese batch of ATVs that we got for Christmas 2007. It was a 250 four stroke, and ran pretty good once you got it started (although it handled poorly) we sold it for $600 (I think?) after we got J the Blaster. The Blaster, 11 years older, still dramatically out performed the Chinese 250, and J was able to control it much easier.

I'll never forget going out to 5mile with J's fam and taking the Chinese 250 up a huge hill with J. It got rocky and the chain got knocked off stranding me way up a hill. We tried what we could but due to a poor design the chain was wedged. Eventually J went to get tow straps and I waited on the hill. After a few minutes I decided to try and coast the bike down, and it workd the chain popped back on and I was back in action.

No comments: