Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Casto Canyon & Coral Pink

This was a great way for me to end the riding season.  We started at Casto Canyon (can't find my pictures!) a beautiful ride which started out with red rock cliffs and a bumpy ride back and forth across a dry river bed.  I took the Red.  After we made it out of the red rock we got in to some beautiful mountain riding, which would have been more comfortable on something other than my three wheeler.  We stayed the night at Ruby's Inn, the room was fine, but the service was horrible!  Rude, rude, rude.  I will never stay or eat there again as long as I live and will encourage others to go else where.  When we got up the next day we rode near Ruby's, again a beautiful mountain ride, past lakes, nice graded dirt roads for most of the ride, we saw antelope and had a blast.  After a good 1/2 day of riding we packed it up and headed down the road to Coral Pink.  We stopped to get some Ho-made pies, actually we just got sandwiches, that were very good!  We got to Coral Pink with just enough time to off-load the machines and get out to the dunes.  Coral Pink is spectacularly scenic and the camping facilities are awesome (showers, fire pits, etc.).  I think we will bring the family down there for a few days of camping next year.  The dunes, well the pictures will tell the tale better thank I can.  Needless to say that when we contemplated leaving in the morning we decided there was just too much beautiful riding at Coral Pink to leave (we saw two Bald Eagles!). 












Jus is pretty ambitious, but he just couldn't get through this one.



We didn't get any pie, but the sandwiches were great!





The riding near Ruby's was perfect for family style riding, scenic, wide graded dirt roads, and the temperature was perfect!



 Sleeping accommodations at Coral Pink.



 Spinning and Grinning.

 D and J out on a dune, me sitting on a memorial bench.












This was a great shot of D all layed out after he went down no man's land.  I wish I had it on video!

No comments: