Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Plastic Wear Bar for the Warn Plow

So the make-shift plastic wear bar works great!  After several serious plowing sessions the plastic is holding up wonderfully. 


I acquired two 20 foot lengths of this plastic gardening border when it must have fallen out of somebody's truck last summer.  I moved it out of the middle of the road and when it wasn't claimed I moved it to my garage. 


The material is not too dense and approximately 5"x1" and is soft enough to be used on anybody's fancy driveway without fear of damage.  The fact of the matter is that the skids take the brunt of the wear or this wear bar would wear out very often.  I drilled the holes in the middle of the plastic so I can reverse it and get double the use and I put the old wear bar over the top to help secure it all to the plow.

No comments: